A restaurant isn’t only a place for great food but also a venue for enjoying the atmosphere, relaxing and simply having a good time. For your customers to have the best dining experience, the key is to set out the right vibe through luxurious design elements.
Understand the Market
Before you can transform your restaurant into a luxurious space, you should first determine what’s popular and attractive to your target customers. Conduct market research and talk to your patrons about their opinions regarding your current setup. Go ahead and check out your competition as well. Find out what they’ve done right and figure out if there’s anything amiss with their design, too.
Once you’re already aware of what your market wants and what’s out there, you can begin redesigning your restaurant. Below are design elements you should consider to create a luxurious dining ambience.
A good restaurant interior design reflects the personality of the place. It’s practically a mirror indicating the owner’s vibe and that of its customers. The character of a dining place is what would make it stand out from its competitors.
When you work with an interior design and fitout team, they will consider both your vision as a restaurateur and the concept’s overall appeal to the intended audience.
Create something simple while making it unique at the same time. You can heighten a simple zen layout with tasteful material choices.
Impart honesty. Your restaurant materials and design should feel genuine. Handcrafted materials are all about the details, and they manage to look good even with the passage of time. Make your restaurant unique by going beyond fads or short-lived fanciful designs. What materials you can use also depends on your restaurant theme.
Space is a huge factor in any restaurant. A beautiful interior which results in dysfunctional operations can be quite problematic. Your restaurant’s space must take into account the need for storage, kitchen space, customer seating and staff mobility during operations.
If your restaurant feels cramped, and whether it’s your customers or staff who feel this, you need to look into it urgently since space is a major factor in terms of comfort and freedom of movement. You’ll need to provide both to your own people and restaurant patrons.
In any business venture or project, it’s important to stick to one’s budget. But what sets the best interior designers from the rest is not only can they come up with cost-effective solutions during the design process, they can also come up with ideas that can drive profits for your restaurant in the years to come.
- Add comfortable chairs or furniture where your customers can easily sit back and relax. When they feel welcome and comfortable in your restaurant, they’ll stay longer and you’ll sell more of your products and make more profit.
- Make it Instagrammable. Many diners today share their dining experiences via social media. Interiors that look good on and off camera can provide visibility for your restaurant and help draw in your ideal clients.
- Create visual merchandise. Plan the layout of your restaurant in a way that it creates a visual pathway for your customers. Visual merchandising uses the space in your restaurant properly to increase your services and product’s value to magnify your profitability. Instead of using a space to place glasses or cutlery, you can use it to feature products such as beverages, pastries and gourmet products.
Reputable interior designers make it a point to come up with concepts that drive profitability by merging aesthetics and cost effective solutions. Some of these solutions can be migrating to LED technology to save on electricity, using window treatments that make the best use of natural light and using sustainable materials for your fixtures and furniture.
In designing a restaurant, it’s important to have a color palette that is both appetizing and captivating. Colors affect human psychology so choose colors that will encourage patrons to eat merrily, linger and order more in your restaurant.
- Red – scientifically proven to incite appetite.
- Blue – said to slow down metabolism.
- Yellow – associated with energy and happiness.
Your restaurant color scheme should also take into consideration the kind of atmosphere or mood you want to evoke, your target demographic, and the cuisine or food being served.
Texture shows in your wallpaper design, pattern collection and your selection of furniture. By combining different textures, you can create either contrast or harmony. You can let your customers relax depending on the textures visible in the restaurant environment.
- Adds visual weight – rough textures make a space feel intimate while smooth textures bring a more laid-back tone to a room.
- Provides harmony – contrast is essential in design because it keeps things in balance. When everything is too similar, the eyes will have a problem focusing. You can use texture to let your most important design elements stand out.
It’s important to consider the present and future trends in your industry when designing your restaurant interior. Things like open kitchen areas with more top-of-the-line machines and upgraded furniture put emphasis on quality of service.
Nowadays, people can easily find out information on basically anything which is why you also need to keep up with the latest trends.
Here are some popular trends in restaurant design for your guide.
- Entertainment-themed – Hard Rock Café and Planet are great examples of restaurants that base their signature look on this trend.
- Exhibition cooking area – This is a design that keeps your chef (and the cooking area) visible to your customers. One of the biggest hospitality interior design trends today is to make customers see who are preparing their meals and how it is being done as part of the dining experience. If your chef is considerably well-known, this can also be a great marketing tool for you.
- Neighborhood feel – Most people do business with whom they know. Restaurants with this vibe focus on an atmosphere that makes people feel that they belong — something familiar, warm, cozy, friendly and inviting. Remembering the names of you patrons helps, too.
Before embarking on a design project for your restaurant, request a free quote from an interior design and fitout company to compare prices. Also, make sure that your project has a solid direction to guarantee success.
Incorporate the elements above for your restaurant patrons to continue coming back. With great place and good food and service, you can provide the best dining experience for all your customers.
CEO at Interact Group LLC
Interact Group is a design-led interior fit out company that aims to set new standards in the UAE interiors market. Driven by their dedication to total customer experience, the company’s mission is to bring truly specialized teams to complex design and fit out challenges, utilizing their unmatched ability to deliver spaces efficiently and above expectation.