Bedbugs are a major problem in most households today. Since they need a temperate environment to breed, there are a lot of places in the home that provides just the right breeding conditions for them.
These persistent and creepy saboteurs of sleep can breed in luggage, backpacks, purses or any other item placed on upholstered surfaces. They transport between rooms in multi unit buildings like hotels and make their way into the belongings of people living there.
Bedbugs do not always breed in bed unlike the belief of most people. They can breed in virtually any place that meets the necessary temperature they require to breed.
There are certain measures that can be taken to prevent bedbug infestation. Understanding these elusive pests and how and where they cohabit is the first step to knowing how to prevent them. Here are some basic tips which anyone can use in preventing bedbug infestation.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
· Seal all seasonal clothing in sealed bags. This will prevent items like blankets and sweaters from being infested by bedbugs
- · Vacuum the floor, mattresses, box springs and most especially those edges where the floor and wall meet.
- · Make sure to monitor the area where pets sleep as such place can provide the right atmosphere for bedbugs to breed.
- · Clean up all junk (clutter), organize belongings properly so that they do not become a residential area for bedbugs.
- · Cover mattresses using safe covers.
- · Inspect all furniture frequently. Especially those with cracks or those that have been used before.
- · Avoid using moving blankets provided by a moving company.
- · Always check windows and screens to make sure there are no torn or damaged areas.
- · Do not place a bed against the wall as doing this makes it easier for these nightmares called bedbugs to transport themselves to other areas of the home.
By taking the above mentioned precautions, just anyone can easily prevent the infestation of bed bugs. With that said, it is important for you to understand that the above tips are not an overnight fix. There are more readily available products that you can use for a faster remedy.
Take for instance Bedroom Guardian. This is a product that you can use to spray around the infested areas of your home. The solution will start working very quickly.
This is indeed a great product and doesn’t cost an arm an a leg either. To learn more, I would recommend that you read Lemarc’s Bedroom Guardian Reviews as he goes into great detail about how it works.